The resources offered in this toolkit include checklists, project findings, narratives, research papers, surveys and online resources.
- Moderation Flowchart (PDF, 252KB)
- A sample moderation policy (PDF, 143KB)
- A sample moderation report (PDF, 156KB
- Moderation Strategies (PDF, 395KB)
- Using marking schemes effectively (PDF, 454KB).
- Literature Review (PDF, 564KB) and emerging themes (PDF, 333KB)
- Online survey results (PDF, 216KB)
- Communication in TNE (PDF, 512KB)
- Considerations for policy makers (PDF, 173KB)
- Improving moderation processes (PDF, 517KB)
- Brief tips for good practice (PDF, 222KB)
- Using sampling effectively (PDF, 370KB)
- Developing shared understandings (PDF, 270KB)
- Induction and professional development (PDF, 300KB)
- Comparability and equivalence (PDF, 349KB).
- Guided Tour of Assessment Moderation Toolkit (PPSX, 6.50 MB)
- Overview of ALTC Moderation for Fair Assessment in TNE Project (PDF, 247KB)
- Managing Cultural Issues (PPTX, 326KB).
- Narrative 1: Policies and processes (PDF, 326KB)
- Narrative 2: Assessment comparability (PDF, 313KB)
- Narrative 3: Moderation and assessment practices (PDF, 318KB)
- Narrative 4: Moderation and assessment practices (PDF, 396KB)
- Narrative 5: Professional development (PDF, 259KB)
- Narrative 6: Cultural issues (PDF, 256KB).
- Moderation of assessment in transnational higher education: Perspectives from transnational and Australian academic and administrative staff (PDF, 179KB) (presented at Australian International Education Conference 2009)
- Interpretations of comparability and equivalence around assessment: Views of academic staff in transnational education (PDF, 284KB) (Awarded best research refereed paper, Australian University Quality Forum 2010)
- Collaborative approaches to moderation of assessment in transnational education (PDF, 168.6 KB) (Refereed paper, Australian International Education Conference 2010).
Audio clips of transnation partner academics about (direct quotes from interview transcripts read by actors.)
- moderation policy (mp3, 367KB
- rapport (mp3, 988KB)
- desire to be involved (mp3, 412KB)
- need to communicate (mp3, 435 KB)
- need for trust (mp3, 828KB)
- need to see Australian marking (mp3, 502KB)
- post hoc scaling (mp3, 194KB)
- delays in moderation (mp3, 583KB)
- cultural issues (mp3, 780KB)
- learning styles (mp3, 527 KB
- language issues (mp3, 652KB)
- exams (mp3, 546KB).
Audio clips of Australian academics about (direct quotes from interview transcripts read by actors.)
- moderation (mp3, 494KB)
- need for structured interaction (mp3, 574KB)
- need for trust (mp3, 210KB)
- need to respect transnational partner academics (mp3, 843KB)
- gap between policy and practice (mp3, 692KB)
- cultural issues (mp3, 289KB)
- plagiarism (mp3, 505KB).
- Survey 1 - General Experiences (PDF, 291KB)
- Survey 2 - Current Practices (PDF, 286KB)
- Survey 3 - Expectations (PDF, 336KB).
- For links to top ranked journals on this subject see Research Links.