Many commencing students find academic skills required for successful engagement in their study programs challenging.
The survival guides are documents which cover a range of basic competencies in reading, writing and oral communication.
These one-page guides articulate the different types of competencies required for students to positively engage in their study programs. The guides can be embedded in your courses or programs.
- Academic reading (30 KB)
- Academic writing (45 KB)
- Annotated bibliographies (20 KB)
- Critical reading (17 KB)
- Doing assignments (282 KB)
- Essay writing (111 KB)
- Exams (44 KB)
- Group work (21 KB)
- Learning style assessment (16 KB)
- Learning style (619 KB)
- Literature review (173 KB)
- Making the most out of face (175 KB)
- Note taking (34 KB)
- Oral presentation (21 KB)
- References (17 KB)
- Referencing (128 KB)
- Summarising (109 KB)
- Time management - Creating a balance (183 KB)
- Time management (132 KB)
Download the entire Survival kit (4.7 MB) (Extract all the files from the downloaded zip file)